- The Kansas Corn Commission is a grower-funded, grower-governed advocacy organization working to secure the future of Kansas corn.
- The state corn checkoff invests a half-cent per bushel in the areas of research, market development, promotion and education.
- Works with the Kansas Corn Growers Association to promote Kansas corn and provide education programing to both urban and rural audiences.
- Has been a supporter of the US Meat Export Federation for over 30 years and was the first corn checkoff in the nation to fund USMEF efforts.
- Promotes grassroots efforts such as Corn Farmers Coalition and CommonGround. These programs connect with consumers removed from the farm and educate them on modern food production, food safety, environmental stewardship, and animal welfare.
- Funds corn exports through the U.S. Grains Council and the International Grains Program at K-State.
- Continues to build infrastructure for ethanol and education consumers. The Kansas Corn Commission was one of several organizations that joined in on the NASCAR American Ethanol Partnership.
|Kansas Corn Commissioners|
|District 1 (Northwest)||Brian Baalman, Menlo|
|District 2 (West-Central)||Dennis McNinch, Utica|
|District 3 (Southwest)||Steve Rome, Hugoton|
|District 4 (North-Central)||Mike Brzon, Courtland||Chairman|
|District 5 (Central)||Terry Vinduska, Marion|
|District 6 (South-Central)||Kent Moore, Iuka||Vice Chairman|
|District 7 (Northeast)||Ken McCauley, White Cloud|
|District 8 (East-Central)||Pat Ross, Lawrence||Treasurer|
|District 9 (Southeast)||Randy Small||Neodesha|
Kansas Commodity Commission election information can be found at the Kansas Department of Agriculture web site–Commodity Commissions Page
MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT: Kansas Corn Commission Meeting: August 20-21 at Dodge City
The Kansas Corn Commission will hold a joint meeting with the Kansas Corn Growers Association on August 20 and 21 in at the Magouirk Conference Center, 4100 W. Comanche, Dodge City, KS. The meeting will begin at 3 p.m. on August 20. On August 21, the meeting will begin at 8 a.m. and continue through the day. Meetings of the Kansas Corn Commission are open to the public. For more information, contact the Kansas Corn Commission at 785-448-2626.
MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT: Budget Review Meeting August 13
Kansas Corn Commissioners have been invited to attend an informal meeting at 10 a.m. on August 13 for a preliminary review of the budget which will be discussed by the full commission at its meetings on August 20-21 in Dodge City. All commission meetings are open to the public. For more information, contact the Kansas Corn Commission at 785-448-2626.
For information on upcoming meetings, contact Sue Hardman at the commission office at 800-489-2676. All Kansas Corn Commission meetings are open to the public.